Proposed Communication Network Architecture
The proposed SDDMIN architecture advocates the concepts of wireless ad hoc/infrastructure based networking technology.
Followings are its merits,
- flexible in operation.
- should operate effectively in uncertain and dynamic environments to bring together information from a variety of heterogeneous sources.
- The network should provide wide area communications (WAN) and local communication within a disaster site.
- The WAN can also provide a backbone for linking several hot spots at multiple separate disaster areas.
- Connectivity at local level can be provided by using a WLAN.
Based on the above analysis, the architecture of the SDDMIN has been derived as mentioned below as shown in the Figure:
Wireless Devices at Work
• Wireless Access Points (Indoor & Outdoor) that supports
IEEE 802.11 b/g
• 8 dBi and 15 dBi Omni-directional Antenna
• Laptops with WLAN Activated
- Activity started from site survey and equipment study
- Gradual implementation of applications in the handheld devices and the laptops
- Along with communication range testing and performance measurement of the Network system wireless equipments starts in the urban areas and later in rural areas
- Different applications relating to Network Survivability Management System developed and deployed
- Risk Zone Mapping and Vulnerability Assessment has been completed for the target area